In the United Kingdom, book theory test have resumed. It’s critical that you know exactly what to expect so that you may relax as much as possible throughout the exam. On the GOV.UK website, you may schedule a theory or practical exam. Online is the quickest and most convenient method to schedule your official DVA car, motorbike, truck, or bus driving theory exam. You only pay the cost of the test when you use this service; there is no additional booking charge. This guide will teach you all you need to know about theory test booking.
Book a driving theory test for the following:
- Parts 1a and 1b (theoretical) and part 2 (practice) of the Driver Certificate of Professional Competence (CPC) are applicable to trucks, buses, and coaches (case studies).
Let’s get started with our Theory Test Practice to familiarize yourself with the format and questions of the real test to reach your highest score then pass the exam the first time.
What to prepare before you begin?
You must have spent at least 185 days in England, Wales, or Scotland in the previous 12 months before taking your theory or driving test.
The cost of a car or motorcycle test is £23.
Cost of lorry and bus tests:
- £26 for part 1a (multiple-choice questions) and £11 for part 1b (hazard perception)
- £23 for part 2 (case studies).
Indicate whether you have a reading issue, a health condition, or a handicap when scheduling your exam.
Wearing a face mask for your test
At your test, you must hide your face. If you don’t wear one, there must be a valid cause, such as:
- You suffer from a physical or mental disorder, impairment, or handicap.
- You’d be in a lot of pain if you wore that.
- A valid cause does not include wearing glasses.
- If you are unable to shield your face
You must email the DVSA after booking your test to explain why you are unable to wear a face covering. If you fail to do so and show up for your exam without facial covering, your appointment will be canceled.
In the topic line, write ‘face-covering exemption.’ Include the following information in the email:
- Your name
- The number on your driver’s licence
- The booking reference number for your theory test.
It’s possible that you won’t be able to take your exam at the location of your choosing.
Maybe you need: Top 9 Essential Driving Theory Test Tips You Need To Know
Theory test booking online
- UK driving licence number
- email address
- credit or debit card
When a theory test isn’t required
To upgrade, you do not need to complete a theory exam before booking a driving test:
- From an automatic to a manual driver’s licence
- If you’ve held your licence for at least 2 years, you can upgrade from category A1 (small motorbike) to category A2 (medium motorcycle)
- Unless you acquired your C1 entitlement by passing a car driving test, you can go from category C1 (medium cars) to category C (large vehicles)
- From D1 (minibus) to D2 (large bus) (bus).
If you care about tips for Hazard Perception Test, you can try to visit our blog.
Any type of licence that allows you to tow a trailer.
It is not necessary to take a theory exam before booking a:
- Driving exam for taxis
- Driving a tractor test.
The above information already helps you get to know how to book a theory test. I hope you find this post helpful. Thank you!
Home seo content
How To Check Driving Licence Points In The UK?
Driving licence points is a problem that you need to be concerned about during the process of maintaining your driving permit. So how to check driving licence points? Find your answer in the below article!
Speeding Fines In The UK: What You Need To Know In 2023
You want to drive across the UK but still wonder about being fined for speeding? In this article, we will provide you with beneficial information about speeding fines.