header bg

Scan QR code or get instant email to install app


What is a Statutory Off Road Notification (SORN) declaration?

A A notification to tell DVLA that a vehicle is not being used on the road

If you want to keep a vehicle off the public road you must declare SORN. It is an offence not to do so. You then won’t have to pay road tax. If you don’t renew the SORN declaration or re-license the vehicle, you will incur a penalty.

Related Information

When a vehicle is not kept or used on a public road, such as when it is parked in a garage, on a driveway, or on private property, it is considered to be off the road. When you take a vehicle "off the road" and want to stop paying taxes and insurance on it, you must submit a SORN (Statutory Off Road Notification). Any of the following circumstances requires you to make a SORN:

- Your vehicle is not taxed.

- Your vehicle is not insured (even for a short time, for example due to a delay in renewing your policy).

- You want to scrap a vehicle by breaking it down for parts.

- You want to keep a vehicle that you buy or receive off the road (you cannot transfer a SORN from the previous keeper).

If you have received a V11 reminder letter for a vehicle that you have previously sold, you do not need to submit a SORN.


Muhammad faizan

2 years ago


Asif khan khosti

2 years ago

the ever great app

Hubert Cumberdale

2 years ago

Brilliant for the multiple choice bit of the theory. Never looked at the highway code, just went through all of the practice questions in this (free version) over a few hours and passed my test 48/50.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *