header bg

Scan QR code or get instant email to install app


You must notify the licensing authority when ______.

A your health affects your driving

The licensing authorities hold the records of all vehicles, drivers and riders in Great Britain and Northern Ireland. They need to know if you have a medical condition that might affect your ability to drive safely. Don’t risk endangering your own safety or that of other road users.

Related Information

If you have a driving license, you must inform the DVLA when:

- A ‘notifiable’ medical condition or disability manifests itself. Notifiable conditions that could impair your ability to drive safely include diabetes or taking insulin, syncope (fainting), heart conditions (including atrial fibrillation and pacemakers), sleep apnoea, epilepsy, strokes, glaucoma.

- Since obtaining your license, a disease or disability has gotten worse.

If you fail to notify the DVLA about a condition that could impair your ability to drive safely, you could face a punishment of up to £1,000. If you have an accident, you can also face legal action.

You must surrender your licence to DVLA if:

- Your physician advises you to forego driving for three months or longer.

- Your medical condition prevents you from driving safely and has lasted for three months or longer.

- Due to your medical condition, you do not meet the criteria for driving.



3 years ago

I love its graphics


3 years ago

This app helps me learn whilst being free. I can learn my weaknesses and aim to pass at higher score


3 years ago

Helping my daughter with the theory side of the test. Only wish we’d found it earlier on! Even I’m learning/getting reminded of what things mean again!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *